One of the signs of aging is the reduction of the volume of the face and other body tissues. With increasing age, the fat cushions in different parts of the body slowly degenerate and cause the appearance of the body to become bony and increase the depth of lines and wrinkles. There are many methods of compensating for lost volume, removing wrinkles, and generally rejuvenating the skin. Fat injection is one of the most effective methods of rejuvenating and volumizing the skin, which has become very popular in recent years. In this article, we want to take a look at the principles of fat injection, its uses, side effects, and the like.
A few short notes:
* In 2017, more than 70,000 people underwent fat injection and more than 90% of them were satisfied with the results.
* Fat injection recovery time is about 1 week. All possible complications and discomforts disappear up to 2 weeks.
* Fat injection is a minimally invasive method. Because fat extraction with liposuction is more invasive than gel injection and less invasive than other similar surgeries. It is done without pain, bleeding and scarring and is more durable than gel injection.
What is fat injection?
In this method of rejuvenation, fat is used as a filler. Fillers or skin volume enhancers are a group of injectable substances that, by entering a layer of the skin, cause volume and skin rejuvenation. There are different types of fillers and in Iran they are known as gel injection. But gels are only one of the types of fillers that can be used, and fat injection is also included in the category of fillers.
In fat injection, the body’s own fat is used. Its effects last longer and body tissues do not react badly to injected fats. In addition, if the treatment principles are followed, the side effects of this method are very few and limited.
When should we consider fat injection?
* If parts of your face have sunken and lost volume.
* If you want the rejuvenation method to have more lasting effects than fillers or temporary gels.
* If you want to improve the surface curves (contour) of your body and face, remove scars and wounds, and rejuvenate your hands or face.
* If you want to fix the disproportion of the curve or contour of your breasts. Fat injection can also be used to normalize the results of breast implants.
Advantages and disadvantages of fat injection
The list of disadvantages of fat injection is short and the list of its advantages is very long. Here, we have selected three important items from each so that you can get a general idea of the advantages and disadvantages of this method. More information will be explained to you in detail by the specialist doctor when you visit the clinic for a consultation session.
* Fats from your own body are used in fat injection. In this way, the possibility of allergic reactions to the foreign substance is reduced.
* Fat injection results are permanent, natural and safe.
* Fat injection is a minimally invasive and effective method for skin rejuvenation.
* Extraction and preparation of body fat for injection takes more time than gel injection where injectable materials are already prepared.
* The results of fat injection are more durable than gel injection; But it costs more for you.
* To increase the volume of breasts or hips, you may need several treatment sessions.
Are you a suitable candidate for fat injection?
The purpose of fat injection is to increase the overall volume or to fill the parts of the body that have lost volume. The most common places for fat injection include the back of the hands, the face (including the lips), sagging skin (after liposuction or scarring), as well as volume to the hips and breasts. To do all these things, there must be enough fat in your body to transfer the fat from the donor area to another.
Suitable candidate for fat injection
* Does not suffer from circulatory system diseases.
* Has a good general health condition.
* Has realistic expectations and a positive spirit.
Applications of fat injection
Fat injection in the face
Facial fat injection is very suitable for removing wrinkles such as laugh lines, frown lines, horizontal forehead lines or crow’s feet lines (around the eyes). In this case, fat from your abdomen, thighs or other parts of your body is usually extracted with the help of liposuction and injected into the desired parts after preparation.
Depressions caused by aging or pits caused by acne and pimples can also be treated well with this method. Increasing the volume of the lips, contouring the jaw line, correcting the receding chin and such cases are also solved with fat injection.
Fat injection in breasts
If you want to increase the volume of your breasts, you are a good candidate for breast fat injection; But note that for this, your breasts must have a good shape and skin texture. If the breasts are sagging, the consistency of the breast skin is weak, or you want to increase the volume a lot, then fat injection is not suitable for you.
If you have already had breast implants and now you want to improve the shape or volume of your breasts, you can use fat injection. Sometimes after the implant, a little inconsistency is observed in the appearance of the breasts. In these cases, it is very appropriate to use fat to remove defects.
If the breasts have problems as a result of lumpectomy due to breast cancer, fat injection will be a very suitable method to fill and fix the defects created. Fat injection can also be used for total breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Of course, in this case, you usually need 2 to 4 treatment sessions.