According to global statistics, Botox injection is the most popular method for skin rejuvenation and removing wrinkles. The history of using Botox in medical science goes back to more than 50 years ago; But its use to erase skin lines has been popular for 15 years. In this article, we want to review the important content and scientific basis of Botox injection and answer your most common questions.
What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable drug that destroys skin lines by paralyzing muscles. This medicine is made from botulinum toxin type A, which temporarily paralyzes muscles. The main cause of facial wrinkles is muscle movement. So if we paralyze them, the facial lines will also disappear.
Botox injection is one of the minimally invasive methods of skin rejuvenation and is most widely used as a safe and effective way to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Of course, to fix the lines of other parts of the face, such as frown lines or horizontal lines on the forehead, it can also be used by injecting Botox into the forehead.
What is botulinum type A?
Botulinum type A, from which almost all injectable Botox drugs are made, is a neurotoxin or neurotoxin that can temporarily disable nerve function. Voluntary muscles of the body (such as those in the face) contract if the contraction message reaches them from the brain through the motor nerves. If there is botulinum toxin in the muscle, the function of the motor nerve is disturbed and the muscle becomes paralyzed.
Botulinum toxin is produced naturally by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. If botulonium is produced by bacteria, it is one of the deadliest poisons produced in nature. For a 70 kg human, only 70 mg of this poison can be fatal. Botulonium is the same poison that causes botulism, which is a fatal disease, if canned foods are not boiled.
Is botox injection safe?
do not be scared! The botulinum used in Botox does not have the dangers of the original toxin produced by bacteria. In addition, this poison is deadly when it enters our bloodstream. In the therapeutic uses of Botox, this poison is only used locally.
According to the FDA, the Ministry of Health of Iran, and almost all health and treatment regulatory organizations, Botox injections for therapeutic uses or skin rejuvenation are known to be safe and secure. Pay attention to the following points:
* In the United States, from 1989 to 2003, only 36 people suffered severe side effects after Botox injections. 13 of these people had complications due to underlying problems, and the problems had nothing to do with botox injections.
* According to studies, only 3% of adults who receive Botox injections experience severe side effects. In many of these cases, the cause of side effects is the injection of drugs by non-medical people or the use of inappropriate substances.
* According to researches, the risks of Botox injection for the purpose of beautifying and rejuvenating the skin are much lower than the side effects of Botox in cases of therapeutic use. In the mentioned statistics, almost all those who suffered acute complications had received Botox injections. We have discussed in detail the uses of Botox.
* The dose of Botox used for skin lines is very low and safe. In therapeutic uses of Botox, higher doses are used; For this reason, side effects are more likely to occur.
Warning: Do not do Botox in the barber shop!
Be sure to visit a reputable medical center for Botox injections. According to the country’s Ministry of Health, the use of this medicine is allowed only by experienced and specialized doctors and should be done in medical centers such as clinics, hospitals and clinics. Botox injections in non-medical centers such as hair salons and by non-doctors can have bad consequences for you. This issue has two reasons:
* Non-standard and unlicensed botox are usually used in these centers. Because botox can only be prepared by doctors or with a doctor’s prescription, non-doctors are forced to use smuggled botox. Contraband drugs can cause complications such as acute allergic reactions.
* The possibility of side effects such as drooping eyelids, asymmetry, or creating a double nose is more likely if Botox is injected in non-medical centers. In addition, if you suffer from acute complications, non-doctors cannot treat and solve possible problems.
You should also be careful about choosing a Botox injection treatment center. Botox injections by inexperienced doctors and doctors who have not taken the necessary courses for this work can be dangerous or not achieve the desired results.
Botox injection at the White House Clinic
Khaneh Sefid super specialty clinic is one of the most equipped and best clinics in Iran. By taking advantage of a large medical staff, experienced and expert doctors, as well as the best tools, devices and therapeutic drugs, we always tried to give the best results to our clients. At the White House Clinic, all doctors who perform Botox injections have completed the necessary courses and are qualified to do so. In addition, the White House Clinic has received all the necessary licenses to provide all kinds of medical services from the Ministry of Health.
History of Botox use, approvals and brands
Botulinum type A was first used by an ophthalmologist named Alan Scott to treat blepharospasm and other eye muscle disorders.